Wednesday, September 7, 2011

NFL - Week One Picks

So this year I'm going to try something new: making weekly NFL picks, and writing about my thoughts on the league in that manner. This week, with tight school and work deadlines I won't go into many details, but here are my week one picks (lines from ESPN.com) with quick hit thoughts:

Thursday Night: New Orleans (+4.5) over Green Bay (screw Green Bay ... plus this is the tie breaker for my NFC pick)

Sunday Early Afternoon:

- Atlanta (-3) over Chicago (Bear down ... Chicago Bears ... *sigh*)
- Cleveland (-7) over Cincinnati (7pts is a lot to lay for Cleveland ... but the Bengals are awful)
- Bills (+6) over Kansas City (hurt Cassel or crappy back up... either way, bet Harvad's Fitzpatrick)
- Rams (+5.5) over Philadelphia (and so it begins for the "Dream Team" in Philly)
- Detroit (+1) over Tampa Bay (one team making the leap, the other regressing to the mean)
- Tennessee (+3) over Jacksonville (did I just take four straight underdogs? Uh oh.)
- Pittsburgh (+2) over Baltimore (now five straight? Someone stop me please! Help! HELP!)
- Houston (-9) over Indianapolis (I wish I could have bet this line prior to them announcing Peyton Manning was out)

Sunday Late Afternoon:

- Arizona (-7) over Carolina (seven for AZ? Ugh. But it is Cam Newton...)
- San Diego (-9) over Minnesota (Vegas is doing well making the sure thing bets hard because of silly high lines for week one)
- Seattle (+6) over San Francisco (the battle for Andrew Luck begins)
- New York Giants (-3) over Washington (Because, seriously, its' REX GROSSMAN)

Sunday Night Game:

- New York Jets (-4) over Dallas (It's 9/11 in New York. The Jets suck if they can't win this game)

Monday Night:

- New England (-7) over Miami (they are my super bowl pick... how could I not)
- Oakland (+3) over Denver (I'll be asleep by kickoff.

But seriously guys ... in between work and school I will not get to see ANY OF THESE GAMES. If only I could do nothing for a living and be lazy you'd get more writing, and I'd watch more football. In related news, if any of you would like to sponsor me with an annual salary I could make that dream a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment