Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11: Words Cannot Describe

I woke up this morning and watched the programming for the 10th anniversary for 9/11. It's hard to believe that a decade has passed since that day, which I still remember so vividly. Riding my bike to school ... taking the GRE ... the announcement and moment of silence in the school ... the ride back ... watching TV with my parents throughout the night and trying to make sense of it all.

There is no doubt that the world fundamentally changed on that day, and that the course of the world I would live in shifted dramatically. Seeing President George W. Bush today made me think about how much his life, and his administration and legacy by extension, changed on that brilliant September morning. Without 9/11 we probably are not at war, in the midst of the longest war in our nation's history. Without 9/11 who knows? What I do know is that I don't, at the present time, have the words to put my thoughts down onto paper (or a website as the case may be). On that day in 2001 my life, and the lives of six billion plus people shifted forever. And so, in honor of those who died that day, and all those who have given their lives since then, I will simply pass along art. A song, performed at Saturday Night Live, in the aftermath of that horrendous day. Paul Simon. The Boxer (click on video and it will take you to the site).

No comments:

Post a Comment