Thursday, October 17, 2013

NFL Week 7 Picks - Quick Hits Edition

I'm back with the quick hits, but just to give an idea of the posts I have in my head, I do plan on doing some music reviews, some book reviews, and perhaps even a break down of how the Republicans decided to take a stand that was guaranteed to lose them ground in the polls ... then backed down before getting anything for the stand when they started to lose ground in the polls. If politics were poker, Obama just called the House Republican's bluff, and the got caught with nothing.

Anyway, on to the picks (as always, screw you Thursday Night Football ... you suck):

Thursday Night Game

Seattle (-5) over Arizona - Seattle should cover this, but Arizona's defense is sneaky good. Imagine if they had a QB with a pulse...

Sunday Early Games

Chicago (-1) over Washington - I'm as down on the Bears as can be: we can't rush the passer, we don't run consistently, Rex Cutler ... er, Jay Cutler ... is a turnover waiting to happen. But Washington's been really really bad this year. Much like last week, we better win this game if we have a prayer of the playoffs.

Tampa Bay (+9) over Atlanta - is whoever set this line aware of what's been happening in Atlanta the last few weeks? Does Atlanta even have a wide receiver on their active roster?

Cincinnati (+3) over Detroit - hey look, two undisciplined teams. If there was a line to bet on Suh getting fined by the end of this game, I would be on the yes.

Miami (-9) over Buffalo - This line seems high even with the Buffalo QB situation. But I'm hoping it will coax a shocking turnaround game out of CJ Spiller if I pick against the Bills.

New England (-4) over NY Jets - That last Brady drive last week was a thing of beauty to behold if you are even a small NFL fan. My wife (who enjoys football) was blown away. An all time great doing all time great things.

Philadelphia (-3) over Dallas - A chance for my pick of Philly to win the division to take a major step in the right direction.

St. Louis (+7) over Carolina - It seems like the Carolina Cam's have figured a thing or two out, but Minnesota is really bad. It seems like the St. Louis Bradford's have done the same, but Houston's self-combustion last week may have had more to do with that. I have a hard time believing either of these teams should be favored by a full TD against anyone but the Giants and the Jags. Okay, maybe the ViQueens as well.

San Diego (-9) over Jacksonville - covering the spread against Denver last week brings this line down to less than ten point? I don't gamble,but I like this line enough that if I did I would jump on it. Also, when you have to think "I could really use a big game from Chad Henne here" and got really excited to pick up Case Keenum when it was announced he was starting this week for the Texans... yeah, your fantasy season might be over.

Sunday Late Games

San Francisco (-4) over Tennessee - San Fran has a chance to quietly become an under the radar team. People seem to have forgotten about them, but they are 4-2...

Cleveland (+12) over Green Bay - Green Bay is without two of their three wide receivers, going against a tough defense and a team that has proven to be a tough out. And they are laying 12? I believe that Brandon Weeden will blow this game late, so I'll take Green Bay straight up, but that's a big line for the Pack to cover.

Kansas City (-7) over Houston - I might have picked up Keenum, but I am not starting him against this KC defense.

Pittsburgh (-1) over Baltimore - After this game there will quietly be rumbles that maybe the Steelers are back. People would be better to focus on how over paid Flacco is, and how crazy of a run that was for the Ravens last year.

Sunday Night Game

Denver (-7) over Indianapolis - I encourage you to read all of Jim Irsay's comments on Peyton Manning. That man is a moron. I should write a post sometime about my gradual appreciation of Peyton Manning, but one thing that's always been true is the MJ adage "don't tug on super man's cape." Irsay is an idiot. I'm really glad he's not running my team. He needs to have someone censor him.

Monday Night Game

Minnesota (+4) over the NY Giants - This game is awful.

Last week against the spread: 3-9-3 (that's probably the worst I've ever done. No comment)
Last week straight up: 10-5 (So it was just a bad week against the spread. Well done Vegas)
Season against the spread: 42-44-6 (Woof.)
Season straight up: 57-35 (that feels better)

No comments:

Post a Comment