Friday, November 4, 2011

Week Nine Picks - Quick Hits Edition

After a seventeen hour work day (no typo there) I'll bust out quick hit picks for this week. I'll tally last week's record next week (hopefully) but I'm pretty sure it was disastrous. The Picks:

DAY GAMES

Buffalo (-2) over NY Jets - before this year I would have laughed at this line. But the Bills are tough...

Seattle (+12) over Dallas - I know Dallas should be in rebound mode, but I don't know what to make of them anymore. I'll just take the insane points.

Atlanta (-8) over Indy - Miami still seems to be trying. Indy? Not so much....

Kansas City (-5) over Miami - The Chiefs may be sneaky good, and we might have all been thrown off their scent due to the two stink bombs they laid in weeks one and two.

New Orleans (-9) over Tampa Bay - The Saints at home? 3-0. On the road? 2-3. This game is at home.

San Francisco (-4) over Washington - This line seems too low ... shouldn't it be San Fran by at least 5.5?

Houston (-11) over Cleveland - how does Cleveland consistently field the worst offense in the NFL, or at least the least pleasing to watch?

LATE GAMES

Cincinnati (+3) over Tennessee - this never would have happened if Chris Johnson were still alive... we haven't seen someone deteriorate into "player x's corpse" status this fast. I'm starting to wonder if Johnson is going to set the new record.

Oakland (-9) over Denver - I saw "Oakland -9" and immediately wanted to take the dog and the points. Then I saw that the dog was Tebowtime ... and I talked myself into the team that was last seen having 0 TD passes and 6 Ints across two quarterbacks.

New England (-9) over NY Giants - I'm just going to say it here, because it fits as well as anywhere: I hate fantasy football.

Rams (+2) over Arizona - St. Louis might have found a pulse last week; if so, they should be able to handle a really bad Cardinals team.

Packers (-6) over San Diego - Hail Rodgers, full of TDs, my fantasy team is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst cheese heads, and also screw you for winning the super bowl last year.

SUNDAY NIGHT

Pittsburgh (-4) over Baltimore - So here we are, in week nine, eight weeks after the Ravens annihilated the Steelers to start the year. And Pittsburgh is at home, but it is also favored by four. Which means that Vegas genuinely thinks they are the better team. Week one, the line in Baltimore was the Ravens -2 ... which means that the game meant nothing, and Vegas has the Steelers as one point better no matter where they play, and no matter the blow out. My mind is tired, and blown.

MONDAY NIGHT

Bears (+8) over Philadelphia - the Eagles seem to have found their stride, which is scary. But the Bears also seem to have found their stride, and might be in position for a sneaky run like last year. This game will tell us a great deal about both teams, but that line seems to be way too high. Urlacher has always been the best at neutralizing Vick; nobody in the game does it better. This seems like the kind of game that ends with a "are the Eagles done?" and "Look out for the Bears" dual headline.

No comments:

Post a Comment